When a woman (age 18 or older) or mother with children arrives at Gabriel’s House, they are welcomed and supported by a team of dedicated staff members, mentors and volunteers. They receive the following services:
- Emergency Shelter: Sleeping quarters with private storage; separate sleeping areas for young women ages 18-24, single women, and women with children for up to 90 days.
- Transitional Living: A private, furnished room to accommodate one family or two singles for up to one year.
- A ranch-style home on 2.5 acres with kitchen, family room, dining room, play areas, library, WI-FI and computer access.
- Support from local churches to encourage each woman and meet their spiritual needs
- Full case management that includes job search guidance, budget counseling, life-skills training, and connection with services in the community to assist each woman towards independent living
- Spiritual mentors and life coaching to support and encourage residents toward their personalized goals
- Childcare while they attend required classes or programs
- Dinners supplied through donations from churches, individuals, businesses, and civic and youth organizations—prepared by residents or by volunteers. Bag lunches and breakfast staples are available for personal preparation.
- A fully stocked “clothing shop” to choose needed clothes and shoes
- On-site playground with two playsets for toddlers and young children for daily outdoor activity
- Creative opportunities to exercise personal growth by being of service to the Gabriel’s House community and the community at large
Gabriel’s House has two wings with four transitional rooms and four emergency dorm-style rooms. This allows us to house up to 25 women and children. The house also features a large family room, library, kitchen, dining room, and laundry room.
Our case management staff and house managers help the women and children as needs arise and assist them through programs, volunteer efforts, and advocacy. A dedicated, on-site professional case manager is available to our residents with the goal of guiding each woman towards independent living.
Our comprehensive programs improve the quality of life for each woman, while promoting emotional, physical, and spiritual healing. Through these services, we encourage personal growth and development.