When a woman (age 18+) or mother with children arrives at Gabriel’s House they are welcomed and supported by a host of dedicated volunteers, staff, and mentors. They receive the following services:
- Emergency Living: Sleeping quarters with storage, with separate rooms for young women ages 18-24, single women, and women with children, for up to 90 days.
- Transitional Living: A private, beautifully decorated, and furnished room for family living or two singles, for up to one year.
- A family-style home on 2.5 acres with kitchen, family room, dining room, play areas, library, wi-fi, and computer usage.
- Supporting churches to encourage each woman while living at Gabriel’s House.
- Full case management to include: job search, budgeting, and connection with services in the community that will assist a woman in managing her life.
- Spiritual mentors and life coaching to support and encourage residents in their goals
- Life skill classes and child care while they attend classes
- Dinner meals supplied through the donations of our churches, individuals, business, civic, and youth organizations, and prepared by residents or by volunteers. Additionally, bag-style lunches and breakfast supplies are available for personal preparation.
- A fully stocked “clothing shop” to choose needed clothes and shoes.
- On-site playground with two playsets for toddlers and young children, for them to stay active and have fun!
- Creative opportunities to exercise personal growth by giving back to the house community and the community at large.
Gabriel’s House has two wings with four transitional rooms and four emergency dorm-style rooms… enough to house 25 women and children. Additionally, there’s a large living room, library, kitchen, dining room, and laundry room.
Our house managers and case management staff help the women and children as needs arise and assist them through programs, volunteer efforts, and advocacy. A dedicated professional case manager is available for our residents on site. Their goal is to assist our residents towards independent living.
Our services improve the quality of life for people with limited options and promote emotional, physical and spiritual healing. Through our services, we encourage human growth and development while providing ongoing care for those in need.